
So myself, sporting a head wrap similar to Carrie's, and 2 brave friends hit the movie theater for the long awaited "Sex in the City 2"! As we trekked through the cinema and past at least 6 BUFF security guards (we're not talking your typical movie theater rent a cops, but guys you would picture guarding Whitney Houston back in her day, complete with wires in their ears in all!) we were kinda surprised (ok, and I myself will admit, disappointed) that NO ONE questioned my electronic get up! The movie, from what I remember, "I" thought was pretty good! I do recall pressing the button on my fanny pack indicating I was having "symptoms" and then on the way out of the theater as I was a little dizzy and "not right" I was able to press it again! YIPPIE!!! It worked! I was able to get 1, if not 2, "episodes" logged! By the next morning, I was totally beat! I don't recall exactly what I did, but I do remember being 1000% MISERABLE! I hesitated calling Nurse Ratched as I was in NO mood to deal with her, however,...SHE unfortunately was the one person who could put me out of my misery early! With one quick phone call, it was a done deal! Margaret picked me up, and while we were on our way back to the hospital we hit Starbucks. Knowing that Nurse Ratched loved Starbucks, I decided to get her a gift card. I figured...if she was nice, she would get it...if not, it would by no means go to waste in my wallet! So Margaret and I go waltzing in with our Starbucks in hand, and I sit down. "Oh, I can see because it's not Monday Morning, "I" don't get my Starbucks coffee" Nurse Ratched said. I turned around, cocked my head and reach in my purse... "Funny YOU should mention it" I said. "I thought maybe you would enjoy this and think of me", and handed her the gift card. Her face was priceless!! You could totally tell she was not use to this kind of treatment! I must say...after that, I received hot water, my hair nicely combed and massaged, and I actually got her to chuckle about my weekend events! And THAT my friends was one of the best lessons of all! Life is what you make out of the cards you are dealt, and everyone deals with different issues and circumstances in their own way. There is always something we can learn about someone and something that binds us to them. Funny enough, in this case, it just happened to be Starbucks!
No comments:
Post a Comment