Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Once upon a time....


Once upon a time there was this chick who could take on the world...the sky wasn't even a limit for her. She managed to juggle everything she wanted in her life. She was a great friend, wife, and mother. She ran her own business, was a dedicated member of the National Lancers, President of the Dudley MOMS Club, and in all her spare time she could be found volunteering for causes she believed in such as World Aids Day.

And now...something as easy as writing this blog is a challenge for me.

Since my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in November 2008, and more recent 2 brain "misfires" which have resulted in a "set back", I will need to undergo a 3-5 day EEG to rule out that these "misfires" are not seizures! Yup, you heard me! A bunch (ok, so more than a bunch) of electrodes will be stuck to my head for a minimum of 3 days (as in 52 consecutive hrs!). I am fortunate that technology is allowing me to come home (oppose to staying in a hospital), however, I will have to return to Boston every 24hrs to have the information downloaded and my wires checked.

During these days I will probably face some not so fun times! The lack of not being able to shower is not going over so well! I am one who REQUIRES taking 2 showers a day for a minimum of 20-30 min each! Since I have to prevent the wires from misplacement, I will also not be able to wear anything that pulls over my head. So...button down shirts, and zipper ups will somehow have to appear out of my closet or someone else's! I doubt sleeping will that relaxing...so, Michelle ought to be in a GREAT mood :) NOT!

For those of you who may not know me as well, I can manage to find humor in almost anything! I figured with this AWESOME test, I could either lock myself in my house and cry all day, or...hehehehe have some fun! So....as my almost 6 yr old son would say...LET THE WILD RUMPUS START!

1 comment:

  1. love it domey! i think the girls are going to plan a slumber party while you have those wires on! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete